As the Medical Communications Manager you will be responsible for keeping internal and external stakeholders updated on the latest scientific publications, clinical guidelines and trends within the therapy area. You will create educational materials to enhance therapy effectiveness within the area of Critical Care and Intensive Medicine. You will support the organization of scientific events and occasionally attend congresses to collect insights from the clinical community. You will also be responsible for our Medical Information platform.
The role is based in Sedana Medical’s headquarters in Danderyd, Stockholm. You will report to the Medical Affairs Director and your team will include Medical Advisors and Medical Scientific Liaisons based in different countries. To succeed in this role, excellent interpersonal skills are as important as your passion for scientific communication since you will be working cross-functionally with the Marketing and Commercial teams on a daily basis.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Surveil the scientific literature on the therapy area, identify and interpret relevant findings, and update internal stakeholders through written summaries and oral presentations.
- Develop materials (slide decks, literature summaries, one-pagers) for external dissemination of scientific/medical content through various communication channels, ensuring data presentation is balanced and aligned with business needs.
- Manage the Medical Information platform and create standard medical responses (based on own literature searches and/or input from the Medical Advisors) for timely closure of enquiries received from customers.
- Support the organization of scientific/medical events (such as symposia, Round Tables and Advisory Boards), including interaction with external speakers, review of presentations and management of contracts.
- Manage collaborations with external clinical researchers and follow up on the progress of investigator-initiated trials and research grant projects to stimulate dissemination of results in publications and congress abstracts.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other departments to ensure promotional and non-promotional materials and activities are patient-focused and aligned with company priorities.
- Manage the internal medical review and approval process of promotional materials for content, accuracy, and compliance.
- Master/PhD degree in Life Sciences is required (e.g. biochemistry, biotechnology, biology, chemistry, medicine, pharmaceutical sciences).
- Preferably 2+ years of experience in a related function such as Medical Affairs, Clinical, or Research within the pharmaceutical or medical device industry.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex scientific topics, write concise texts and present orally.
- Proficient in English.
- Good computer skills and willingness to adopt new digital tools.
- Good project management and organizational skills.
- Experience with medical writing, including familiarity with scientific publications standards and guidelines (ICJME, GPP3, etc.).
- Experience in a relevant field such as intensive care, anaesthesiology, or healthcare.
- Experience with clinical and/or academic research.
- Successful experience managing projects, preferably on a global level.
We are looking for a collaborative team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, who enjoys interacting with people of different cultural, seniority and professional backgrounds. You have a good sense of accountability and prioritization and are used to working independently and managing your own time and projects. You strive in a changing environment that demands flexibility and adaptability but can balance this with a high level of scientific and ethical integrity. You have a proactive attitude and are unafraid of diving into new topics. You pay attention to details but can keep the bigger picture in mind and want to be part of cross-functional projects.
Submit your application by using "Ansök här" further up the page. Note that interviews will take place continuously.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Jong-Ah Kim at email@example.com.
Any contact from external recruitment agencies is kindly declined.